The ALPINA emblem logo was born in 1967, depicts a Ｗeber dual carburettor in the left side, and depicts a crankshaft in the other side. This type of carburettor was a symbol of tuning in the 1960s. At the time of its founding, ALPINA worked on carburettors and crankshafts to improve the efficiency of BMW engines. Red of background color means the endless passion, and blue means the intelligence and high ambition.
The ALPINA's original products consisted of typewriters, though ALPINA gradually moved into automotive products. ALPINA's origins can be traced back to 1962 when the company founder Burkard Bovensiepen developed a Weber dual carburettor for BMW 1500. This engine with a dual carburettor was received praise not only from the automotive press, but also from Paul G. Hahnemann, head of BMW sales. Then BMW officially certified the ALPINA's product in 1964.