The ABARTH emblem logo is derived from the Italian flag and the scorpion (Scorpione: Italian), the zodiac sign of the founder Carlo Abarth.
The company Abarth&C was founded in Bologna in 1949 and relocated its headquarters to Turin in 1951. After moving to Turin, a strong cooperative relationship between ABARTH and FIAT was built. Shortly after the company was founded, Abarth mainly produced FIAT's compact car-based racing vehicles and sold vehicle parts. From the 1950s to the 1960s, ABARTH set 113 international records and more than 7,400 wins in car races, and was known as the "Giant Killer" and "Piccolo Monster". After being acquired by FIAT in 1971, ABARTH was involved in the development of racing machines as the company's auto racing division. From the 1980s, ABARTH name was mainly used to mark performance cars. From the 2000s, FIAT used the ABARTH brand to designate a model level.