CHRYSLER emblem logo saw uncountable changes over its history. From the mid 1920s to the mid 1950s, CHRYSLER models adopted the brand's first emblem logo, "seal of approval". This logo consisted of a wax seal with a ribbon peeking out from the lower right, designed by Oliver Clark. Clark is one of the early 18 members of the company's founding. Clark said the seal is synonymous with quality.The lightning bolts of logo design are actually "Z", honoring the early Zeder prototype named after chief engineer Fred Zeder. The logo of wax seal was retired in 1954, and CHRYSLER models from 1955 to the 1980s didn't have a consistent badge.
CHRYSLER went through a rebirth of the original wax seal. The rebirthed wax seal was on the wings that recalled the legacy of CHRYSLER. This CHRYSLER's winged seal was adopted on CHRYSLER models from 1990 to 2009.
CHRYSLER winged logo from 2009 sees a pair of elegant silver wings matched with a CHRYSLER inscription on deep blue background in the middle. Despite the elimination of historic wax seal, the logo expresses the company's legacy through the trademark silver wings and looks sophisticated and modern thanks to graceful shape and noble silver color.
CHRYSLER's Pentastar logo was used for Chrysler's corporate identity, and emblazoned on the passenger-side fender of old Chrysler models from 1963 to the 1970s. This logo was created by the Lippincott & Marguiles design firm in the early 1960s, was selected from among over 800 other designs. The Pentastar do not stand for the five car divisions. The Pentastar was created in 1962 when Chrysler Corporation President Lynn Townsend decided the company needed a new symbol to represent all of the corporation's brands.
CHRYSLER was named after its founder, Walter Chrysler.